Note: All courses that begin after June 1, 2010 are Accelerated Online courses. Students registered for an Accelerated Online course will have access to the Blackboard course site 4 days prior to the start date of the course – if you don’t see your class in Blackboard, check the start date of your course – see below for details
All students enrolled in an Online, Hybrid/Online, Video Enhanced Online or Accelerated Online course should complete the Online Student Orientation on the eLearning Website. Go to http://www.pgcconline.com/aboutOnlineLearning/orientation.html.
This orientation contains important information about:
- How to be a successful online student
- How to navigate the online Classroom (Blackboard)
- How to use the online library services
- Campus resources available to online students
Access Your Online Classroom Through Blackboard
Online classes are conducted through Blackboard, the college’s online classroom platform.
All courses that begin after June 1, 2010 are Accelerated Online courses. Students registered for an Accelerated Online course will have access to the Blackboard course site 4 days prior to the start date of the course.
If you are uncertain about the exact start date of your course, please check Owl Link or visit the “Class Schedules” page on the eLearning website: http://www.pgcconline.com/.
You can access Blackboard in a variety of ways:
- The dropdown list on the front page of the PGCC website
- From the main Owl Link page (accessed through the PGCC website)
- Through the MyPGCC portal
- Directly at http://pgcconline.blackboard.com/
You must have your Owl Link account set up in order to access Blackboard
- Use your Owl Link username and password to log into Blackboard.
- You must set up your Owl Mail account - the ONLY way the college and your instructor are allowed to communicate with you is through your Owl Mail account.
- Please Note: if you have an existing Hotmail account you MUST sign out of your Hotmail account in order to login and view your Owl Mail email.
For information about Owl Link go to: http://www.pgcconline.com/technicalSupport/owlLink.html
For information about Owl Mail go to: http://www.pgcconline.com/technicalSupport/owlMail.html
Keep in Mind!
- All online classes have due dates and deadlines just like campus classes. It is important that you log in to your course as soon as it is available so that you can begin your course work.
- Once you log in to your course, if you have any questions about the course be sure to contact your instructor immediately.
- Don't forget to complete the orientation!
Have a Great Semester!
We hope your online course proves to be a rewarding learning experience.