Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Students Are Asking...

Every day we receive calls from students - and quite often they are asking similar questions. Here are the answers to some common student questions:

Q: My course is missing from Blackboard - why?

A: Courses are not available until Orientation day (or 4 days before the start of class, whichever comes first).

Q: I logged in to my course and the syllabus and course information is outdated - what should I do?

A: Contact your instructor to let them know the course has not been updated.

Q: When I log in to Blackboard, the text is extremely small. How can I make the text bigger?

A: If you are using Internet Explorer:

  • Select "View" from the toolbar at the top of your screen.

  • Using the dropdown, select "Text Size" and select a larger size than is currently marked

A: If you are using Firefox:

  • Click the View Menu at the top of the Firefox window

  • Scroll to the Zoom sub-menu and select "Zoom Text Only"

  • To use the keyboard to increase the text size, press and hold Ctrl while pressing "+"; to decrease the text size, press and hold Ctrl while pressing "-"; to reset the text size, press and hold Ctrl while pressing 0 (zero).

  • To use the mouse, if it has a scroll wheel, press and hold Ctrl while scrolling up to decrease the text font size and down to increase it.
Q: When taking my exam, the timer covers the submit button and I cannot complete my exam. What do I do?

A: This is due to an incompatibility problem with IE8 and newer versions of Firefox. Follow the directions on the Blackboard login page to correct this problem

No comments:

Post a Comment